512 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley, Queensland, Australia
|COMMENCEMENT DATE||March 2007|
|COMPLETION DATE||March 2010|
Property Development: Leighton Properties
Design & Construct: Leighton Contractors
North Tower: 512 Wickham Street Pty Ltd
South Tower: AFIAA
|DEVELOPER||Leighton Properties & Leighton Contractors|
|ARCHITECT||Bligh Voller Nield|
|CAPITAL VALUE||$177 Million|
One of Brisbane’s most exciting developments HQ is situated in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley and boasts a capital value of $177 Million. The HQ development offers 39,000m² of A-grade office space; 3,000m² of retail space incorporating a boutique grocery store, restaurants, cafes, convenience food outlets and basement parking for 580 cars. HQ is also home to Australia’s largest privately owned bike centre, housing 270 bike racks.
体育OB was appointed by Leighton Properties and Leighton Contractors to provide expertise in sustainability, mechanical, electrical, fire and building maintenance unit services.
A number of sustainable targets were set for 体育OB, including a 6 Star Green Star rating in Office Design v2 from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) and a 5 Star NABERS Energy rating.
Through innovative designs, 体育OB was able to assist with the delivery of an environmentally sound and significant development. To achieve the green targets, 体育OB implemented a central plant low temperature VAV air conditioning system and combined this with thermally optimised facade designs to provide excellent energy efficiency, which has also proven to be very cost effective.
To assist with minimising the carbon footprint of HQ, 体育OB included a 1555kW co-generation plant the largest co-generation plant in a commercial development to date. The use of the co-generation plant contributed to achieving a significant reduction in base building CO2 emissions which have been modelled at 29kgCO²/m²/annum or 67% better than a NABERS Energy 5 Star rating, setting new bench marks for the industry.
Delivering a quality indoor environment for tenants was also a major focus for the HQ development. 体育OB placed significant design focus on enhancing ventilation rates achieving an increase of 50 percent above standard ratings. Atriums were also used to maximise natural light inside the building. Particular attention was also paid to the effectiveness of air circulation, the uniformity of artificial lighting levels and the reduction in volatile organic compounds, all of which contribute to a safe and comfortable working environment.
- 6 Star Green Star Office Design (V2) rating – (scoring 84 points, the highest score at the time of the submission).
- 6 Star Office As-Built (V2) rating.
- 5.0 Star NABERS Energy rating.
FLOTH’S AWARD WINS
- Finalist in the Lord Mayor’s Business Awards 2011 in the Sustainability in Business category.
- Finalist in the UDIA (Qld) Boral Award for Excellence 2011 in the Consultants Excellence category.
PROJECT AWARD WINS
- Leighton Contractors won the Engineers Australia (Qld Division) 2011 Qld Engineering Excellence Awards in the following categories: Buildings & Structures and Environment and Sustainability.
- Leighton Properties won the Lord Mayors Business Awards 2011 in the Sustainability in Business category.
- Leighton Properties & Leighton Contractors won the Urban Taskforce Australia Development Excellence Awards 2011 in the Development of the Year Award.