Waterfront Place Redevelopment, Brisbane
Eagle Street, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|COMMENCEMENT DATE||January 2020|
|COMPLETION DATE||December 2026|
|ARCHITECT||FJMT & Arkhefield|
|CAPITAL VALUE||$2.1 Billion|
Redevelopment of Eagle Street Pier to include:
- Two premium grade commercial towers with a total NLA of 125,000m².
- 9,000m² of riverfront dining and retail.
- Upgrade of the public realm incorporating a market square and steps, urban verandah terraces.
- Extension of the City Reach Riverwalk.
- New ‘green’ corridor connecting Eagle Street to the Riverwalk.
SPECIAL ENGINEERING FEATURES
- An all electric services design for a 1 person per 8m² building population has been provided that targets the clients high energy efficiency rating and carbon neutral goal. An optimised energy efficient series counterflow chilled water plant provides both high redundancy and resiliency. Additionally, the heating hot water plant can provide chilled water that further increases the redundancy and resiliency of the plant.
- Thermal energy is designed to be recovered from the building’s amenities and plant areas and reused to generate hot water for the extensive end of trip and wellness facilities.
- Power is reticulated throughout the precinct at high voltage to locate the substations close to the major building loads. The 100% backup diesel standby power plant is also reticulated via the building high voltage network.
- Hybrid low temperature variable air volume systems incorporating decentralised perimeter technology enhanced bespoke fan coil units. Designed to optimise the net lettable area in a side core tower configuration.
- Targeting 6 Star Green Star Design & As-Built (V1.3).
- Targeting 5.5 Star NABERS Energy rating.
- Targeting 4.5 Star NABERS Water rating.
- Targeting Gold WELL Building rating.
- Climate Active Carbon Neutral Buildings.